Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Clovis Ghiorzi
On 2/5/20, 10:23 PM

I'm using the 702bright on a project now. I really like it. But, for me, the TV logic F-7h is the best at the momment. I also like the 703 because of the internal Teradek but it have a different price. I never used the F-5h but I think that it is a very good monitor too. 

The olders TV logic like 058w works very well also and if think in money it has a very good value.

Your Reply

Cody Gautreau
On 2/9/20, 3:16 PM

Double post

Your Reply

Cody Gautreau
On 2/9/20, 3:17 PM

I still use the 702 quite frequently as my handheld focus monitor. It works great for me but I still need a shade when in direct sunlight most of the time. 

Your Reply

Philipp Uhl
On 2/1/20, 2:16 PM

I personally don't really like the SmallHD monitors to pull focus, because (especially the older generations) are a bit soft compared to some other brands and I don't really like the focus tools they provide...

The best 7" Focus Monitor is my opinion is the TVLogic F-7H, which is also very popular among other focus pullers as well, but of course its a bit more pricey than the 702.

Maybe you can find somewhere a F-7H mkI for a good price? The screen itself is the same like in the newer mkII, so there is not that big of a difference and it's definitely cheaper than going for the newest model!

Your Reply

Bastien Chilloux
On 2/1/20, 7:07 PM

Yes I hear a lot of good things on TV Logic monitors. They seem to be a pretty good value and a safe solution to pull sharp focus :)

Nice, thank you for your advice !

Your Reply

Bastien Chilloux
On 2/5/20, 9:36 AM

Hi !

What about the overall build of the monitor ? Does it feel solid for an everyday use ?

And what about those 3600 nits ? Do you go up to there often when shooting outside ? Doesn't the picture look too much washed out when full brightness ?

Thank you in advance :)

Your Reply

Philipp Uhl
On 2/5/20, 11:19 PM

It's feels really solid, build quality is good just like with any TVLogic Monitor.

The 3600 nits are awesome to have, but I rarely use them. In a normal outdoor environment I mostly use the "Outdoor" setting which is somewhere around 2000 nits I think. The maximum setting looks a bit weird, and there is not much contrast and it gets a blue color cast, so I try to avoid using it.

I only had one situation where I really needed the max setting, and that was on a snowmobile driving around at high speeds, with sun so bright that we had to use sunglasses to shield our eyes from the light reflected by the snow around... And that still worked ;)

By the way, if you want some more info about the F-7H, there are two more threads about it here in the forum:

https://www.focuspulleratwork.com/forum/monitors-3/tag/f-7h-33/questions

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is monitor and wireless video transmission related topics. You are welcome to post technical specifications, make comparisons or share ideas with the community. Read Guidelines

Question tools

15 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/1/20, 11:02 AM
Seen: 212 times
Last updated: 2/13/20, 1:47 PM