Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Samuel
On 11/24/19, 12:12 AM

Thanks everyone for the awesome responses!

Your Reply

Thomas B
On 11/24/19, 12:07 AM

Hey! Kind of adding to the problem here (sorry!), but I've seen the Osee G7/Swit CM-S75F monitor come out...It seems pretty light, and it's announced at 3000 nits... And you get it for a fraction of the price of the SmallHD bright.

I wonder if anyone has ever tried this one? 

Your Reply

Samuel
On 11/24/19, 12:11 AM

Wow they have 1:1 ripped of SmallHD for there design and UI while is looks cheap stil very interesting as a focus monitor!

Great find!

Your Reply

Jesper Rey
On 11/22/19, 1:36 PM

Hi, 

I can back up Rozemarijn's statement about the TV-logic F7H (mk1 or mk2). They're great monitors for the price, especially compared to their SmallHD counterparts. I think they got 3600 nits which is insane! I suggest you test them out from a colleague or your local distributor. 

Your Reply

Philipp Uhl
On 11/23/19, 6:39 PM

Yes the F-7H has 3600nits (on paper), but I compared it side-by-side to the smallHD 703 when I was about to buy a 7" monitor, and the SmallHD with it's 2200nits is not considerably darker than the TVLogic to be honest... The second brightest setting of the F-7H ("Outdoor") is about the same as the SmallHD on 100% backlight, and the "Maximum" Setting on the F-7H is a bit brighter, but the image gets a weird color cast and looses all contrast in that setting, so I wouldn't give too much on the nits-numbers they tell us.

My conclusion back then was that the monitors themselves were in most aspects the same, but the TVLogic is sharper, has a bit nicer colors and is much much cheaper, so the decision was an easy one for me.

Your Reply

Carlos Cañal

--Carlos Cañal--
--Carlos Cañal--

My name is Carlos Cañal and I am a Spanish focus puller working in the camera department since I am 19 years old.  I do mainly national and international features films and commercials.  I love to travel, get to know other people, cultures and of course colleagues from around the world.

I am a very happy owner of a cPRO LCS too !!

🎥😊

Carlos Cañal
On 11/24/19, 1:42 PM

I couldn´t agree more with Philipp. 

Best quality-features-price for me is Tv Logic F-7h right now.  Last week I was shooting very low key with soft glass and had to pull with the Small Hd 703 and I missed my F-7h a LOT.

Your Reply

Alexandre Valentim
On 11/23/19, 1:27 PM

Take a look at 7" Transvideo Stargate HD. Best monitor ever for focus pulling. Super bright , low reflection, super sharp, most useful functions available thought buttons and not via menu. 

I've compared side by side with SmallHD 703, on paper Transvideo has lower nits but on real live is the same or even slightly brighter than 703. I don't know how they measure it...

Your Reply

Clovis Ghiorzi
On 11/23/19, 12:23 PM

I had an experience with the olde one Blackmagic and It was very bad. It is not a good monitor for focus puller.

about the SmallHD, I'm using it in a project now and it is amazing, but I need to agree with Roze. The FH7 is the better option for focus puller.

If you want to invest, think on it.

Your Reply

Rozemarijn

--Rozemarijn--
| 3 3 6
Zandvoort, Netherlands
--Rozemarijn--

1st AC for over 10 years

Mainly Features and Drama

Rozemarijn
On 11/21/19, 6:53 PM

Hey! So...i dont know about the small hd. But i do know about 3000nits and the 7" tvlogic. As fas as nits, im never going back to less. Gives me the boost i need in darker situations. So if you can go up, with your favorite brand. Go for it! 

Your Reply

Samuel
On 11/21/19, 9:20 PM

Really interesting!

I'm only familiar with 1000nits / 1500nits I need to get my eyes on something 2500 or 3000nits because I would never go below 1000nits for outdoor environments!

SmallHD can goto 2200nits but the pricing is insane need to get my hands on something!

Thanks!

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is monitor and wireless video transmission related topics. You are welcome to post technical specifications, make comparisons or share ideas with the community. Read Guidelines

Question tools

15 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/21/19, 3:37 PM
Seen: 224 times
Last updated: 11/24/19, 7:47 AM