Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Vince

--Vince--
--Vince--

A focus-puller is the eyes of the audience. It's like telling a story without any words.

Vince
On 2/6/20, 4:32 AM

Hi Clovis

I have them all on set: Pix E5, E7, Convergent Design, Odyssey, Black Magic Design, Atomos, Aja KI Pro...

The one that's still the most rugged and reliable is the Pix 240i. OK, it's a little bit out-dated but I personally still like this more than all the recorders mentioned above. The Atomos Sumo is quite good, but is a real 19" production monitor and recorder in one. The speed is "ok" and the touchscreen is pretty decent.

If there is (much) more budget, then I would suggest the Qtake system on a laptop or the hardware-version. But this system requires an operator what makes is more suitable for "bigger" productions.

All the best!

Your Reply

Philippe Piron
On 2/23/20, 4:33 PM

I use a lot my (own) Odyssey Q7 because:

1- it's a god screen, high definition, and I love the way you can move your zoom-in and the functionalities of the system.

2- I can replay instantly not waiting for the PB coming from video village

3- the touch screen with IN/OUT marks is great ... instantly you make a PB of what you need to see ... Sometimes - when video village is linked to me - I got a faster PB with no slate, and "ready to go" wasted times and so everyone looks back to what I control myself ... a bit frustrating to the video technician, but we not very often have reliable guys (mostly trainees nowadays)

of course "QTake-based" systems are grater tools with much more facilities, but you need a well-trained technician then,

or also those great state-of-the-art systems such as:

PSU-3X, PSU-3XX, or even lates PSU-4 from Vantage, or CineAssist from Ovide,

Atomos Sumo 19" is a simpler version, I always wondered why it was not that common tool on set because it's a (much) cheaper unit and the way it's been designed is quite good to me (you get what you need for what you paid for !)

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is monitor and wireless video transmission related topics. You are welcome to post technical specifications, make comparisons or share ideas with the community. Read Guidelines

Question tools

16 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/20, 10:41 PM
Seen: 113 times
Last updated: 2/24/20, 7:35 AM