Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Klim Jurevicius
On 11/22/19, 1:32 PM

There is no such thing that doesnt have lag, it is all bullshit whoever writes in their description 'no delay', there is just too many variables that play around tx rx transmission. Your main system will break someday, you just dont know when. It would be nice to have expensive gear lying around as replacement, but that is just not smart business as it reduces value (yes you could hire it out to someone else). So to save yourself from difficult conversation with producer, have a cheap replacement and deal with it for a day :)

Accsoon - seems like a cheap thing similar to teradek serv, shame its only hdmi.

Your Reply

Rozemarijn

--Rozemarijn--
| 3 3 6
Zandvoort, Netherlands
--Rozemarijn--

1st AC for over 10 years

Mainly Features and Drama

Rozemarijn
On 11/21/19, 11:11 AM

Hey Samuel,

I have to agree on you as far as, if its a serious cinema shout, you just don't need the extra worry about stuff.

its shit the bolt is so expensive, but it does work for high-end jobs.

Why don't you make a gentlemen's agreement with a colleague? if you need a back-up, just ask for their bolt. or with a rental? Its what I do. but holland is small and the most far away drive is 2h. 

or, do buy the cheapy ones and focus pull the old skool way for the few hours you have that transmitter on the cam…

Your Reply

Samuel
On 11/21/19, 3:32 PM

Yes, maybe it's best to save the money and just do a rental deal if a bad case scenario happens

Thanks for your response!

Your Reply

Vince

--Vince--
--Vince--

A focus-puller is the eyes of the audience. It's like telling a story without any words.

Vince
On 11/21/19, 3:36 AM

Hi Samuel! Welcome to the forum!

I agree, that 100ms of delay is quite a lot for a decent video feed. I have used other "knock-off" brands and I wasn't happy because of lack of quality, poor signal, etc..

Even if it will only be used as a back-up video transmittor. My experience is that the major brands, like Teradek has a very low delay >1ms and has proven it's job on several of jobs i've done in the past, and currently still does!

Small thumbrule what I try to kind in mind: what you pay, is what you get... And being a focus-puller when pulling critical jobs, you don't want to compromise. 

All the best

Vince

Your Reply

Samuel
On 11/21/19, 3:31 PM

Thanks for your response, yea I'm thinking of maybe sticking to other brands for focus work.

Really appreciate your experienced response!

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is monitor and wireless video transmission related topics. You are welcome to post technical specifications, make comparisons or share ideas with the community. Read Guidelines

Question tools

15 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/20/19, 3:45 PM
Seen: 167 times
Last updated: 11/22/19, 1:32 PM