Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Philipp Uhl
On 6/2/20, 7:05 PM

Hi!

This is a feature of the TVLogic monitors actually, although only with Arri cameras.

here is a link where its explained how it works on a vfm-058w:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oXWtEF2Aev4

Im not 100% sure though if all of the camera metadata will be transmitted with the signal of a Teradek as I dont use this feature much really, but I believe it does!

Also what exactly is shown is a bit limited, but I guess if this works, then showing other metadata shouldnt really be a problem, right?

Your Reply

Paul Schoen
On 6/2/20, 9:56 PM

Thanks Philipp, I‘ll look into to that and try to find out how the technology works or maybe even if some other manufacturers are working on something like that.

Your Reply

Daniel Foeldes
On 6/17/20, 8:59 PM

Maybe I'm missing something, but your normal qTake setup does all of this...

Your Reply

Paul Schoen
On 6/3/20, 7:13 PM

So, I already found out that some Arri cameras send metadata via SDI.

https://www.arri.com/resource/blob/31912/e9674189f2ed77d45912681b9e0a168f/2018-10-17-arri-metadata-white-paper-alexa-lf-sxt-sup2-0-mini-amira-sup5-3-alexa65-sup2-1-data.pdf

Under 7.3. you can see what information are stored in the header and/or are send out via SDI.

As Philipp wrote, the TvLogic has options to display them. In fact the newer TvLogic models are capable of that as well.

Your Reply

Ryan Petrolo
On 6/2/20, 9:49 PM

Hey Paul,

May I suggest using a secondary device like a cell phone or tablet connected via bluetooth/wifi to view (and in some cases control) camera settings? Keeps your screen clear for pulling. Of course, it can be finicky at times... I usually use this method when working with Sony systems on Cranes.

Not sure what kind of camera systems you generally work with but this method would be the poor mans equivalent of having an ARRI WCU-4 for remote access to camera settings.

Cheers!

Your Reply

Paul Schoen
On 6/2/20, 10:02 PM

Hey Ryan,

that‘s what I do too. The CineControl App for Mini and Amira is quiet nice and the Blackmagic App since the firmware update last week is working good as well. Thing is, I don‘t want to reconnect all the time or having to pull out my phone just to check a small thing. Also it doesn‘t solve the problem to have something for script conti etc. 

Thinking about something that’s convenient for everybody that we as ACs can setup and everybody is happy right away. 

About using the phone app: When on low/no budget shoots I bring my nucleus-m and right now I‘m working on a modification so the ergonomics are much better and a phone or iPod touch is attached to it. Keep you posted. 

Your Reply

Ryan Petrolo
On 6/2/20, 10:15 PM

Echo you on the CineControl App. Love the CineControl Multicam interface. Use it all the time.

When you figure out a way to make everybody happy please let me know! haha

Interested in your nucleus rig... Sounds nifty.

Your Reply

Ryan Petrolo
On 6/2/20, 9:49 PM

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is monitor and wireless video transmission related topics. You are welcome to post technical specifications, make comparisons or share ideas with the community. Read Guidelines

Question tools

16 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/2/20, 11:18 AM
Seen: 206 times
Last updated: 6/17/20, 8:59 PM