Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Rozemarijn
On 8/28/19, 1:58 PM

Hi Joko,

well for me, it depends on the kind of rain/water.
when its just a little bit, I use a rain cover for a backpack. You can buy them at any outdoor-store. I use soms clips to attach it to my monitor and fold it over the handunit.

when its rainy, i get the big umrella out of the van, and use the backpack cover.

and offcourse when its a Dutch day of rain rain rain, i get out my hand made neoprene cover.
you can put 2 hands inside, and it has a clear top so you can see your wheel.
dont forget to make air-holes!

there is also an official verson:

https://www.cinetools.es/en/covers/110-cover-para-foco-remoto-harrison.html

and, its just for the handunit. when its that rainy, i leave the monitor underneath the umbrella.

and when shooting near the sea, you just cover it up allll the way. Salt water destroys it all.

good luck!

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
Washington, DC, United States
--Aidan Gray--

IATSE Local 600 Camera Assistant | Washington, DC - Baltimore, MD - New York, NY

Cmotion cPro System Owner 1x cPro Motor, 2x cForce Mini Motors, Teradek Bolt 1000XT 1:1, Teradek SidekickLT, SmallHD 703Bolt, SmallHD 703U, SmallHD 1703-P3X, Bright Tangerine 19mm Bridgeplate, BT Revolvr 19/15mm Studio FF, SolidCamera Scatterbox2 Goldmount/VMount Power Distro, IgniteDigi MoVi Pro System

Aidan Gray
On 8/29/19, 3:15 AM

Nothing to add really, I just do exactly as Rose said! I try to leave the hand unit uncovered for as long as possible, but I usually have better luck with large plastic bags from the grocery store, and I just either tear a hole in the side for the knob or leave it open - its a wasteful solution, but sometimes better than breaking out the Harrison cover. 

Photo below I repurposed the Harrison cover as a monitor cover once we moved under cover.