Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

ERIC UGLAND
On 2/4/20, 12:09 AM

I was trained to always keep the diffusion closest to the lens. Placing the diffusion further from the lens can, in theory, change the level of diffusion on the image. In practice I think it's difficult to see the difference, but I think it's important to have consistency. 

Always keep multiple filters in trays stacked, not with an empty tray in-between. Gaps easily cause reflections. 

Your Reply

Rozemarijn

--Rozemarijn--
| 3 3 6
Zandvoort, Netherlands
--Rozemarijn--

1st AC for over 10 years

Mainly Features and Drama

Rozemarijn
On 1/26/20, 1:40 PM

Hey Philipp, i actually do the same. Any dif. Filter close to the lens. Mostly its just the ND or Pola up here and if its just 1, always as close as possible to the lens. 

But im also curious what other people do! 

Your Reply

Vince

--Vince--
--Vince--

A focus-puller is the eyes of the audience. It's like telling a story without any words.

Vince
On 1/26/20, 1:44 PM

I do something similar. Only when the DP uses a rota pola, I place this one always as close to the lens as possible. Infront of that I put it the ND filters and any special filters. What I tend to do when having those really special filters, is keep a tray "empty" in between so I can remove the empty tray and tilt the filter when there are unwanted reflections or such.

Have a nice day!

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

Any topic, which does not fit to a certain category is welcome here. Start discussions or ask questions. Read Guidelines

Question tools

17 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/26/20, 1:14 PM
Seen: 142 times
Last updated: 2/13/20, 1:47 PM