Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
Washington, DC, United States
--Aidan Gray--

IATSE Local 600 Camera Assistant | Washington, DC - Baltimore, MD - New York, NY

Cmotion cPro System Owner 1x cPro Motor, 2x cForce Mini Motors, Teradek Bolt 1000XT 1:1, Teradek SidekickLT, SmallHD 703Bolt, SmallHD 703U, SmallHD 1703-P3X, Bright Tangerine 19mm Bridgeplate, BT Revolvr 19/15mm Studio FF, SolidCamera Scatterbox2 Goldmount/VMount Power Distro, IgniteDigi MoVi Pro System

Aidan Gray
On 10/14/19, 5:39 PM

I've used it on about three shoots now - I've yet to use it as an actual "CineFade" per se but I've also mostly used it as a RotaPola or VariND. Its been really nice to have the cPro ONE to map all the CineFade and Iris options to that, and just mount to the DP's monitor, even on smaller commercials. They DPs have also all really liked the fact that there are buttons on the ND unit itself that allow you to fade up/down without having to talk to the assistants. One commercial I used it on we were chasing the sun at magic hour and it allowed our DP to just ride the CineFade as we lost light. On the cPro ONE, I have the top button set to "Lock Knob", the middle button set to "Cal Iris" and the bottom button set to "Lock Wheel". MB1 is set to ND Down, MB3 is ND Up and the thumb wheel is set to "Filter". The two very subtle improvements I think would probably be that long holding the buttons on the filter make it go in bigger increments maybe - its not a big deal in the ND form, but the Pola form is a little annoying to set manually. I also think integrating with the SteadyZoom would be nice so you don't need to reach over a stupidly long lens - I know thats a specific use case, but it could be nice.

I have had a couple DITs express concern to me over its colour neutrality and I would like to do more testing with that when I am free, but its been good enough for me on smaller projects that we'd rather the flexibility over exact colour accuracy. I did get to use it on a larger John Deere commercial as a motorized RotaPola for doing Black Arm & Ronin 2 work and that was really great. I would be curious to hear if cmotion has any intentions of going the LCND route because many people seem to think thats the future and most of the pushback I have when suggesting it is because its based on dual polarizers and not an LCND system. 

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

Any topic, which does not fit to a certain category is welcome here. Start discussions or ask questions. Read Guidelines

Question tools

10 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/14/19, 9:36 AM
Seen: 112 times
Last updated: 10/14/19, 5:39 PM