Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Clemens Hönig

--Clemens Hönig--

| 5 2 6
Vienna, Austria
--Clemens Hönig--

Hi, I am Clemens Hönig, marketing manager at cmotion. Even though I am not a focus puller myself, my strength is to adapt quickly, spotting problems and come up with solutions. I also like to connect people, as I think everybody can learn from anybody. If you just starting at your carrier, make your own path and if you are already experienced, become a mentor...

Clemens Hönig
On 3/14/19, 7:34 AM

I think the Master Grips are a great tool in a classic shoulder rig application and I really haven`t heard anything bad about them. Even cmotion`s pan-bar and steady-zooms could be used in this configuration as well, I think their real strength is their versatility and size. With the clamp, they can easily be mounted on any pan-bar, rod or handle. You can mount them on a gimbal, steady cam or pan-bar.

So I guess it really depends in which scenarios you want to use the zoom control.

If you go with the cmotion zooms, I would recommend the steady-zoom, as this has two additional soft buttons on the bottom of the zoom (so in total 4), while the pan-bar zoom has only 2. 
  • Flag

Wow - I didn't even realise there was a difference between the steady and pan bar zooms besides the clamp - great call! I'll hopefully be picking one of these up in the near future...

Aidan Gray
on 3/15/19, 5:45 AM

Rafael del Campo
On 3/26/19, 1:50 PM

I own the SteadyZoom and work very very good, I prefer SteadyZoom vs PanBarZoom, because has the LBUS port perpendicular to Zoom unit, so can be used in more positions without broke the cable. I used some times on arri style handheld configurations direct to handle, and used to wired to WCU4 for steadicam + Zoom, and I control Focus+Iris and Director far to me and wired to me control the zoom, with steadizoom attach to standard handle. Also you can take of the original clamp and make a own custom clamp, in the steadyzoom the LBUS port is on the body, in the PanBar the LBUS is a "external" piece shared with the clamp. 

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is for cmotion related topics. Share your questions, ideas, problems and help out other people within the community. Read Guidelines

Question tools

8 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/14/19, 5:19 AM
Seen: 231 times
Last updated: 4/26/19, 12:47 PM