Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Teemu Koivisto
On 3/31/20, 6:13 AM

Hi! This is what I came up with. On the unit itself I have a Cameragear thread cube with anti-twist. To that I've screwed on a short Black Diamond dogbone sling. On either side of the sling I have rubber washers to prevent wear. On the loop end of the sling I had a friend make two plastic rings that sandwich together leaving a channel for the fabric loop.

The three days I had a chance to use this on set before the corona shutdown it worked perfect. Very fast and reliable. The sling stays in position so clipping in with the carabiner is quick.

Only logged in users can see this content
Only logged in users can see this content

Philipp Uhl
On 3/11/20, 12:51 PM

Hi!

When I have to put a monitor on the hand unit I like to use a Monitor Neck-Strap to carry the main weight, and then have the cmotion strap just to keep the hand unit from dangling down. (I have to look if I can find a photo of a setup like this, if I do I will post it here).

And what I also did is replace the ring in the cstrap that is between the strap itself and the pin with a much more roust one, because I've seen more than one strap where the original ring would bend and eventually get loose.

EDIT: ok so I found these two pictures of handheld-setups I use when the shoot asks for a high-bright and/or 7" Monitor.

With the SmallHD 703 Bolt it's easy because you have the neck-strap of the monitor that it comes with: