Hello cMotion, fellow cPro users and cFriends,
I love the new update videos that are going up on the instagram page! They are very useful demos and explain the new hidden gems in the firmware nicely. I wanted to start a discussion on the new Marker Buttons feature coming soon.
I saw the video explanation, and I will have to say I wasn't exactly happy with how it ended up being implemented. I've been waiting for this feature for so long and I was a little bummed to see how it finally works! (I watched it several times to make sure I wasn't missing anything)
Couple of quirks with it:
1. maximum of 3 marks allowed. Red, green, blue. (I know I have some shots where I use 5+ marks)
2. pre-marked lens MUST be selected (If I wanted to just make a quick mark on an unmapped macro lens for example...)
3. marks all change to yellow when you hover over them! (this is so visually confusing when creating or reading marks. If I had three colored marks sort of close to each other they would all just show up as yellow if my wheel was near them?)
4. you must repeatedly press the "mark focus" function button to choose a color.
5. it doesn't appear that you can choose to have vibration on/off options for these marks. (maybe its just not in the demo)
I wanted to just start a discussion here, and see if anyone else was interested in how this feature ended up working. I love the other updates they are teasing so far on the IG videos. Maybe I'm being picky, but I wasn't too happy with this one.
Many thanks for your feedback.
At the moment its only 3 marks, however, 5 marks would be possible. We may add more marks in the next step.
It is correct, that you need to load a lens table to be able to set marks. This is because it is also possible to set range-marks. This unique new feature allows you to set a marker based on the range finder value and not on the motor position. This will help you to set quick marks while measuring out the set.
About the colors and setting the colors: Thank you for this input. We will take a look int it.
The vibration can be activated and deactivated any time.
Thanks Clemens! Hope you're doing well. Thank you for the quick feedback, as always. I love how the community is able to pitch in ideas and requests here!
Sounds good! I know in the past I have had at least 8 colored marks on my old system. (An actor walking towards me from far away, then picking up specific props in the foreground, then leaving through a door... This is the point where all the marks just become confusing instead of helpful. Haha.)
Yes the yellow color changes would confuse me a little, but we will see how it goes.
Thank you for all the hard work over there even while we are in this waiting period. Can't wait to get back to shooting!
I just updated my hand unit today.
I agree with what is said about the color change of the mark, I find that confusing.
I am also disappointed that it only works in the vertical scale view. I keep my screen set to the circle rangefinder readout pretty much all the time. The marks should be visible on this view as well.
About This Community
|Asked: 4/21/20, 6:14 PM|
|Seen: 166 times|
|Last updated: 5/18/20, 7:50 PM|