Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Clemens Hönig

--Clemens Hönig--

| 5 2 6
Vienna, Austria
--Clemens Hönig--

Hi, I am Clemens Hönig, marketing manager at cmotion. Even though I am not a focus puller myself, my strength is to adapt quickly, spotting problems and come up with solutions. I also like to connect people, as I think everybody can learn from anybody. If you just starting at your carrier, make your own path and if you are already experienced, become a mentor...

Clemens Hönig
On 5/27/19, 9:26 AM

I think there are some basic tips you should know when working with the Cinefade for the first time:

The Cinefade is a creative tool, which can be a part of the AC`s toolbag, but which would be controlled by the DoP. So setting it up right, is key, as the DOP won`t be able to dive in the technical aspects of the system.

Here are some tips I would like to share, but let me know if you have any other experiences:

1. lens mapping: when mapping a lens, always approach the engravings from the same side. That means, if you set your lens values and you overshoot a mark, turn back the motor to the latest correct mark and approach it again form the same side. Especially older motors can have some play when turning back and forth. Setting the marks always form one side will avoid any offsets of the lens data.

2. put the Iris motor on long or max ramp to avoid any changes of the brightness when doing the Cinefade effect.

3. set up the hand (User buttons) unit correctly and explain it to the DoP. Ideally it is a plug and play operation for the DoP. 

For the User buttons, there is no right or wrong, but I think there are some features which are essential within the Cinefade mode:

• Assign either the knob or the zoom to Iris control 

• assign the user buttons to Cinefade/Filter related settings. My favorite settings are:

• UB1: filter increase (increasing the filter, while in Cinefade mode)

• UB2: lens limits (Iris) (to limit the motor rotation of the iris)

• UB3: filter decrease (decreasing the filter, while in Cinefade mode)

• BB1: Cinefade mode on / off

What's your experience? What have you learned and what are your favorite settings for the Cinefade?

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is for cmotion related topics. Share your questions, ideas, problems and help out other people within the community. Read Guidelines

Question tools

11 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/25/19, 10:01 AM
Seen: 257 times
Last updated: 5/29/19, 12:27 PM