Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Clemens Hönig

--Clemens Hönig--

| 5 5 7
Vienna, Austria
--Clemens Hönig--

Hi, I am Clemens Hönig, marketing manager at cmotion. Even though I am not a focus puller myself, my strength is to adapt quickly, spotting problems and come up with solutions. I also like to connect people, as I think everybody can learn from anybody. If you just starting at your carrier, make your own path and if you are already experienced, become a mentor...

Clemens Hönig
On 4/28/20, 7:28 AM

Hey Max,

With the upcoming software release, it will be possible to change the iris value on the fly, so you don`t need to map the iris anymore. We were also thinking of the option of changing the iris by the slider, even if no motor attached, but it didn`t make it into the upcoming release yet. But it is definitely on the list!

Your Reply

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
Washington, DC, United States
--Aidan Gray--

IATSE Local 600 Camera Assistant | Washington, DC - Baltimore, MD - New York, NY

Cmotion cPro System Owner | 1x cPro FIZ Hand Unit, 1x cPro ONE Hand Unit, 1x cPro Camin1x cPro Motor, 2x cForce Mini Motors

Cmotion SteadyZoom

Cmotion CineFade

OTHER | Technovision MK3 Mitchell Geared Head, Magliner Junior Camera Cart, Yaeger Pro Senior Camera Cart, Teradek Bolt 1000XT 1:1, Teradek SidekickLT, SmallHD 703Bolt, SmallHD 703U, SmallHD 1703-P3X, CAS Advanced Spider Grips, Bright Tangerine 19mm Bridgeplate, BT Revolvr 19/15mm Studio FF, SolidCamera Scatterbox2 Goldmount/VMount Power Distro, IgniteDigi MoVi Pro System

Aidan Gray
On 4/28/20, 7:51 AM

Like Clemens said, the "Set Iris" function is going to be available for all lenses in SW4.0 - it works nicely and its easy to get to via the Lens menu. Personally, I don't think I'd ever set it on a User Button - we're going to run out of room :D This feature is going to become more and more important in the future so I'm glad they've addressed making it easy to change. 

Interesting idea with having the slider control the "digital" iris value... Curious how that would be implemented from the UI side of things because I could see situations where it would be nice to have, and situations where it might really mess a shot up if you're using focus assist via cvision or a rangefinder so that would just be something to think about. 

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is for cmotion related topics. Share your questions, ideas, problems and help out other people within the community. Read Guidelines

Question tools

16 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/27/20, 10:04 AM
Seen: 153 times
Last updated: 4/29/20, 3:12 PM