How do you set up your cPRO hand unit user buttons? Any tips, tricks or clever configurations?
This is how I got my cPro mapped out at the moment:
BB1: focus cal
UB1: lock knob
UB2: Stealth mode
UB3: Cal all
MB1: lock slider
MB3: lock thumb wheel
As of now I don’t have the cPro hand unit configured with the cinefade or cfinder system so the user buttons will probably change when those are in the mix.
How do you set up your cPro?
My configuration (when shooting with imperial scales) is:
- UB1 : lock iris, specially when running behind a steadicam you make sure there will be no unwanted “iris switch”
- UB2: set iris limit
- UB3: system units
- MB1: knob lock, specially between takes, I like to knob the lock while the dip is setting the exposure and I’m doing other things so the focus doesn’t change abruptly
- MB2: cal all
- BB1: Rec. I wasn’t sure to assign the Rec function to a user button, but once I tried and I really love the fact that you can Rec/run without changing the position of your hands. Still, I have to admit that before I used to assign to the BB the default cal all function and the first day with the new settings I had a whole lot of false clips...
I use them like this:
- BB1: Rec. Like Fabio said I like to be able to use this button without having to change the position of my hand, plus I still get the problem where sometimes the user buttons are triggered when pressing the original Rec-Button...
- UB1: Knob Lock - probably the button I use most, this way the focus can't change in between takes when I carry the cPro on me with the strap and do other things
- UB2: Slider Lock
- UB3: I change this one depending on the situation, when using a zoom motor this would be Joystick Lock
- MB1: Thumbwheel Lock - I use this so I can't accidentally change the menu page while recording
- MB2: Cal All
So I guess I mostly use them for locking stuff... ;)
I'm really looking forward to the camera control licences, I hope we will get more options for user buttons then, for example a "toggle playback"-Button would be awesome!
I pretty much always have my BB1 set to "Cal All", but Fabio Giolitti was talking about setting it to "REC" which I might try... I like setting it to Cal All because theres no chance of accidentally hitting it (less of a problem now that they've implemented the 3-second hold).
The other 3 user buttons I'll switch up, but I've been doing:
UB1 - Focus Limit
UB2 - Iris Limit
UB3 - Lock Slider
I rarely ever use it with zooms or UDM/Cinetape/Cfinder systems so I really don't have any of that stuff configured...
About This Community
|Asked: 5/29/19, 6:59 PM|
|Seen: 250 times|
|Last updated: 7/26/19, 1:39 AM|