Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Clovis Ghiorzi
On 9/24/19, 12:21 PM
Thank you all for your help. I will gonna ask for the pre-marked rings and some cables that you suggest me. Again, Thank you a lot!

Your Reply

bart van otterdijk
On 9/24/19, 11:41 AM

Hey Clovis! Glad you decided to take my advice and join the forum.

Like I told you: Loads of help and good advice on all of your questions

b!

Your Reply

Clovis Ghiorzi
On 9/24/19, 12:18 PM

Thank you Bart!!! 

Your Reply

Philipp Uhl
On 9/24/19, 7:31 AM

Hi!

There is a lot of good information here already about the cables.

The one that you asked for, that’s made for the Alexa Mini, is the Cable CAM - EXT (6p). It supports Alexa Mini camera metadata, Start/Stop and there will be the camera control functionality soon.

About the premarked rings: I have my cPro unit for about a year now, and I use the premarked rings all the time. I have all 5 of them but mostly use the 0.5m and the 0.35m. I think that using the premarked rings is a huge help because your fingers „know“ the scale on them after a while, so if you use the same rings all the time every day, after a while you don’t have to always look at the knob anymore... ;)

Your Reply

Rozemarijn
On 9/24/19, 6:29 AM

Hi Clovis,

Im using the cpro now for 8 months and the cables and rings i would suggest:

pre-marked 0.25, 0.5 and 1 for long lens shots.

pre-markes iris 1.4

and cables:

CAM to EXT for Arri Mini (for cam. controle)

CAM to RS for older Arri Cams, obviously no cam controle

CAM to CAM, is to extend all CAM Cables when using longer zoom lenses

CAM to DTAP, when the ext port on a mini is allready in use with a monitor you can wire the  motor with dtap and lbus. No cam. controle. Or, when working with smaller cameras like a Black Magic.

CAM to SONY (f5, f55 and Venice), for cam controle there will be released a new cable. Keep eyes on the website this week!!

And obviously you 'll need some lenghts of LBUS to LBUS if you are using LCUBE-1 for the UDM or Cinetape readout.

Your Reply

Klim Jurevicius
On 9/23/19, 4:00 PM

Hi Clovis,

Here is a list of cables that I have ordered when buying cPro.

1 x *CAM to CAM extension
1 x *CAM to LBUS cable
1 x *CAM to RS
1 x *Cable CAM to Red (D-tap)
1 x CAM to EXT6
1 x D-Tap to LBUS power cable(this comes with the kit, but its nice to have a spare) 
You can also use Red cable for power if both dtaps break, so triple safe!

Your Reply

Clovis Ghiorzi
On 9/23/19, 4:39 PM

Thank you Klim.

And what you think about the pre-marked rings?

Your Reply

Klim Jurevicius
On 9/23/19, 5:54 PM

Well, pre-marked rings will always have the same distance measure at the same angle on focus knob. I almost never use plain rings anymore, although its good to have them. I got 5 pre-marked rings.

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is for cmotion related topics. Share your questions, ideas, problems and help out other people within the community. Read Guidelines

Question tools

12 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/23/19, 3:48 PM
Seen: 200 times
Last updated: 10/9/19, 7:25 PM