Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Philipp Uhl
On 11/23/19, 6:52 PM

I also use the Arri Outdoor Antenna on the monitor, and on the handunit I use the cmotion mini antenna, because with it the handunit is rugged enough to be put into the case without removing the antenna.

I was told by Clemens that I will lose about 20% of the range with the mini antenna (if I remember that right - maybe Clemens will correct me here?), so I carried the longer standard antennas to set as well, just in case, but I never had any range problems at all with my cPro.

Your Reply

ERIC UGLAND
On 12/5/19, 7:50 PM

I too am using the mini antenna, and have been having great results. It is much more compact and out of the way. I keep the longer antennas in the kit just in case I end up in a long range situation, but it hasn't been a problem yet. My buddy just used my Cpro on a car job, and said they had zero dropouts while using the short antenna. 

Your Reply

Clemens Hönig

--Clemens Hönig--

| 5 5 7
Vienna, Austria
--Clemens Hönig--

Hi, I am Clemens Hönig, marketing manager at cmotion. Even though I am not a focus puller myself, my strength is to adapt quickly, spotting problems and come up with solutions. I also like to connect people, as I think everybody can learn from anybody. If you just starting at your carrier, make your own path and if you are already experienced, become a mentor...

Clemens Hönig
On 11/21/19, 8:12 AM

So just as an intro: The cPRO is only certified with the standard antenna, which comes with the system.

That being said, any antenna, within the same frequency 2.4 GHz and SMR-reverse connector would work. You can get loads of antennas on Alibaba. However, please note, that you will lose around 1/3 to 1/2 of range with those antennas. If you wanna go bigger, please note, that in most countries the maximum legal output is 2db. 

What I would recommend if you are searching for optimization: On the motor side, you can have the ARRI outdoor antenna, and on the hand unit, you can use NiteIze gear tie and wrap it around the antenna and the cPRO monitor mount. This makes the whole unit super robust and compact.

Finally, I think Aidan Gray is preparing a write up about RF and antennas and we will also do some posts about that soon.

Your Reply

LEE LEO
On 3/28/20, 9:23 AM

Like clenems said ,I bought from Alibaba,the antenna more compact and solide,until now no any dropout happened on set,this photo show test at the afternoon,close 200 meters,you can see the video singal seems get limited,but handunt singal still well.not ext cable,only Lbus cable