Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Vince

--Vince--
--Vince--

A focus-puller is the eyes of the audience. It's like telling a story without any words.

Vince
On 7/11/19, 7:27 PM

I've got to say, the Alexa LF combined with the right batteries doesn't consume thàt much power in comparison with the regular Alexa Classic or XT versions.

I agree that the level of pulling is comparable when shooting wide open T1.3 on S35 but the main difference in my opinion is that the further you get to INF the more difficult it get's to see the sharpness, just like shooting wide open on anamorphic lenses. So what I do (not only for wide shots) is measure, measure, measure.. Just like you would do for any shot (if possible haha).

For power I always ask for designated batteries that are made for usage on the Alexa LF, like the high load batteries from Bebob 290wH or the Hawk-Woods RP 200 series and for a stand-by camera I like to plug it in to a Bebob Cine Cube 1200.

Your Reply

Rozemarijn
On 7/13/19, 8:23 AM

adding to that, lets keep our DP's and Producers informed about the post-production, the data, what they need, and i've noticed that sometimes there is no reason (besides being cool) to shoot LF.

It should serve the purpose!

Your Reply

Gunnar Mortensen

--Gunnar Mortensen--
| 3 2 5
Los Angeles, United States
--Gunnar Mortensen--

E Gunnar Mortensen saw 2 Panaflex cameras drive by on a process trailer for the filming of Ladybugs. Even at that young age he was hooked. Came up through the Camera Department in Denver before moving to LA. Considered to be a career Focus Puller he has worked to not only to improve his skills but also has taught workshops to build the camera community around the globe.

Gunnar Mortensen
On 7/21/19, 12:28 PM

I couldn’t agree more. I am in the trenches again on the DXL2 which has been the camera of choice for the last couple projects. 8k with primo 70s. I have to say besides being a power hog it is a pretty well thought out camera. Easy to convert to different modes and an intuitive menu structure. Shooting 1600 base at a 2.8-4 is more similar to shooting super 35 size chip at below a 2. Treat it similar to shooting anamorphic.

Your Reply

Gunnar Mortensen

--Gunnar Mortensen--
| 3 2 5
Los Angeles, United States
--Gunnar Mortensen--

E Gunnar Mortensen saw 2 Panaflex cameras drive by on a process trailer for the filming of Ladybugs. Even at that young age he was hooked. Came up through the Camera Department in Denver before moving to LA. Considered to be a career Focus Puller he has worked to not only to improve his skills but also has taught workshops to build the camera community around the globe.

Gunnar Mortensen
On 7/21/19, 1:10 PM