Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Florian
On 6/10/20, 9:36 AM

Hi Eric,

not a real answer to your question, but it might be helpful, that there is an EF-Mount WITH an LBUS connector.

Works on ALEXA Mini LF, ALEXA Mini and AMIRA.

EF Mount (LBUS) K2.0019965

It's actually ready, but the Covid situation delayed deliveries :-(

Cheers

Florian

Your Reply

Eric Silver
On 6/10/20, 6:24 PM

I've been keeping an eye on this, hoping it can ship in time and solve the issue entirely. Didn't know it was delayed due to Covid, though that makes sense. 

Your Reply

Clemens Hönig

--Clemens Hönig--

| 5 5 7
Vienna, Austria
--Clemens Hönig--

Hi, I am Clemens Hönig, marketing manager at cmotion. Even though I am not a focus puller myself, my strength is to adapt quickly, spotting problems and come up with solutions. I also like to connect people, as I think everybody can learn from anybody. If you just starting at your carrier, make your own path and if you are already experienced, become a mentor...

Clemens Hönig
On 6/10/20, 6:31 PM

Sorry Eric, I think I mistakenly deleted one of your comments. I thought they were double...

Your Reply

Eric Silver
On 6/10/20, 9:56 PM

Haha, no worries! It did post double for some reason, and it seems we both deleted one at the same time. 

Your Reply

Clemens Hönig

--Clemens Hönig--

| 5 5 7
Vienna, Austria
--Clemens Hönig--

Hi, I am Clemens Hönig, marketing manager at cmotion. Even though I am not a focus puller myself, my strength is to adapt quickly, spotting problems and come up with solutions. I also like to connect people, as I think everybody can learn from anybody. If you just starting at your carrier, make your own path and if you are already experienced, become a mentor...

Clemens Hönig
On 6/10/20, 10:03 AM

That is some great news. Thanks Florian!

Your Reply

David Oliver Gaiser
On 6/14/20, 1:54 PM

Hey all!

Short related question:

If you connect the cPro camin with a Red Camera  (EF-Mount), the camin communicates with the Lens. Is this also possible with Arri Cameras?

Cheers and stay safe

Your Reply

Rafael del Campo
On 6/10/20, 4:18 AM

I used AMC-1 and work, but lost the camera control and lens data. That time I still the camera RF turn on with different channel so if I need change settings, can change channel on WCU4 for setting and return to AMC-1 for control motor. I’m not sure if a Cforce mini work Plugged to EXT port than has LBUS data. 

Your Reply

Eric Silver
On 6/10/20, 6:29 PM

That's actually not a terrible idea in a pinch, leaving the camera and motor on two different channels and switching between the two when needed. I'll keep that in mind if I can't find a more direct solution. Thanks!

Your Reply

Clemens Hönig

--Clemens Hönig--

| 5 5 7
Vienna, Austria
--Clemens Hönig--

Clemens Hönig
On 6/10/20, 6:37 AM

Hi Eric,

You can either use the AMC-1 or the cforce mini RF. Both allow you to daisy-chain another cforce mini and also to connect to the camera for camera control. Imo the cforce mini RF is the better choice, as it is pretty fast and safes you another box on the camera. You can connect the cforce mini RF to the Alexa mini through the [K2.0015756] Cable CAM (7p) - EXT (6p) cable.

Your Reply

Rafael del Campo
On 6/10/20, 2:27 PM

Hi Clemens, a question. Can the camera control a Cforce motor directly from EXT port like LBUS port?

Your Reply

Florian
On 6/14/20, 2:36 PM

Not sure if this works, but there is a cable from EXT to LBUS (initially designed for the AMIRA) that might do the trick...

Your Reply

Clemens Hönig

--Clemens Hönig--

| 5 5 7
Vienna, Austria
--Clemens Hönig--

Clemens Hönig
On 6/10/20, 2:59 PM

No, camera control only works through the camera’s EXT interface .

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is for ARRI related topics. Share your questions, ideas, problems and help out other people within the community. Read Guidelines

Question tools

52 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/10/20, 2:32 AM
Seen: 240 times
Last updated: 6/14/20, 1:54 PM