Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Gidion Chukwu
On 7/5/19, 6:39 AM

Hi My Name is Gideon Chukwu and am a Focuspuller from Nigeria, here in Nigeria we don’t have big Rentals houses like Panavision or Focus hire, their are little rentals that are coming up and it’s pretty competitive, major set backs are having opportunities for gear checks I mean proper gear checks but it’s beginning to happen slowly and surely cos most of us insist, also more Focus pullers emerging which also makes it competitive too. Cleaning the gears, blowing out dust and wiping them from the monitor to the Focus machine is a consistent waytogo. 

Your Reply

Ben Kiilu
On 7/10/19, 5:06 PM

That's way to go Gideon thanks for the feedback we also don't have big rental houses but we have several with good equipment but accessories you have to get yourself so for my ac stuff I import from eBay or Amazon

Your Reply

Gidion Chukwu
On 7/11/19, 10:06 PM

Nice, wish Us best of Experience 

Your Reply

Ben Kiilu
On 7/12/19, 12:11 PM

awesome bro hope some day we meet while working

Your Reply

Clemens Hönig

--Clemens Hönig--

| 5 2 6
Vienna, Austria
--Clemens Hönig--

Hi, I am Clemens Hönig, marketing manager at cmotion. Even though I am not a focus puller myself, my strength is to adapt quickly, spotting problems and come up with solutions. I also like to connect people, as I think everybody can learn from anybody. If you just starting at your carrier, make your own path and if you are already experienced, become a mentor...

Clemens Hönig
On 7/5/19, 8:59 AM

Hey Gidion,

Thanks for your post. It's awesome to have 1st ACs from Africa on the form. Are your working with your own gear or is it all through rental? Is it hard to get equpiment in Nigeria? Do you have high tax rates for imports equipment? Which projects are you working on?

Your Reply

Gidion Chukwu
On 7/5/19, 11:33 AM

Thanks, I work with my gears most times Few times from Rental, it’s not difficult accessing basic gears At the rentals in Nigeria, we have almost everything just for some few grip gears and some specific kinda lenses. Not sure about the tax rate, just finished a commercial and am prepping for a Documentary. Basically 

Your Reply

Clemens Hönig

--Clemens Hönig--

| 5 2 6
Vienna, Austria
--Clemens Hönig--

Hi, I am Clemens Hönig, marketing manager at cmotion. Even though I am not a focus puller myself, my strength is to adapt quickly, spotting problems and come up with solutions. I also like to connect people, as I think everybody can learn from anybody. If you just starting at your carrier, make your own path and if you are already experienced, become a mentor...

Clemens Hönig
On 7/4/19, 2:49 PM

Hey Ben, 

Thanks for your post, great to have you here. Maybe you could post this in the general sub-forum. However it would be awesome to hear a what difficulties you are facing in you job in Kenya. How do you protect your equipment? What are the biggest rental houses? And what kind of projects are you working on. I am sure people would love to hear more about Focus Pulling in Kenya!

Best,

Clemens

Your Reply

Ben Kiilu
On 7/10/19, 5:14 PM

Hey Clement the difficulties we all face in Africa at large is equipment but here in Kenya we have good equipments as for projects I have a feature film coming up but I deal mostly with commercials music video n films at large rental houses we have films studio Kenya,kenya grips and sparks,axis rentals, and more individuals or personal people with equipment as for focus pullers we have good focus pullers

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is for ARRI related topics. Share your questions, ideas, problems and help out other people within the community. Read Guidelines

Question tools

32 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/4/19, 2:32 PM
Seen: 367 times
Last updated: 7/7/19, 9:09 PM