Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Gunnar Mortensen

--Gunnar Mortensen--
| 3 2 5
Los Angeles, United States
--Gunnar Mortensen--

E Gunnar Mortensen saw 2 Panaflex cameras drive by on a process trailer for the filming of Ladybugs. Even at that young age he was hooked. Came up through the Camera Department in Denver before moving to LA. Considered to be a career Focus Puller he has worked to not only to improve his skills but also has taught workshops to build the camera community around the globe.

Gunnar Mortensen
On 5/29/19, 3:39 AM

Panavision is making some wild accessories now

Your Reply

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
Washington, DC, United States
--Aidan Gray--

IATSE Local 600 Camera Assistant | Washington, DC - Baltimore, MD - New York, NY

Cmotion cPro System Owner 1x cPro Motor, 2x cForce Mini Motors, Teradek Bolt 1000XT 1:1, Teradek SidekickLT, SmallHD 703Bolt, SmallHD 703U, SmallHD 1703-P3X, Bright Tangerine 19mm Bridgeplate, BT Revolvr 19/15mm Studio FF, SolidCamera Scatterbox2 Goldmount/VMount Power Distro, IgniteDigi MoVi Pro System

Aidan Gray
On 5/29/19, 9:14 PM

Very interesting to see where this technology has progressed since the Motion Mount - with the ability to place it in front of the lens, you mitigate a lot of the flare and bokeh issues that were associated with that system... All that said, I want to see some footage of it in the wild without PV touching the color, as well as some tests that look at IR contamination. Theres also obviously a small amount of light loss just due the technology used, but it would be awesome to see that limited to a single stop or somewhere in that world. Its really great watching Panavision continue to innovate after all this time... They're brilliant folks over there. 

How long until we see variable diffusion filters? Chimera bought the technology for variable lighting frames in 2017 using a similar LCD-type panel... 

Your Reply

Clemens Hönig

--Clemens Hönig--

| 5 2 6
Vienna, Austria
--Clemens Hönig--

Hi, I am Clemens Hönig, marketing manager at cmotion. Even though I am not a focus puller myself, my strength is to adapt quickly, spotting problems and come up with solutions. I also like to connect people, as I think everybody can learn from anybody. If you just starting at your carrier, make your own path and if you are already experienced, become a mentor...

Clemens Hönig
On 5/28/19, 6:09 PM

Looking forward to see that at Cine Gear.

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is all about accessories. What`s in your toolbag, what cool stuff are you using on your job, how do you configure your hand unit, etc. Please share it with the community to make eveyrones live easier. Read Guidelines

Question tools

14 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/27/19, 2:58 PM
Seen: 185 times
Last updated: 5/29/19, 9:15 PM