Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Vince

--Vince--
--Vince--

A focus-puller is the eyes of the audience. It's like telling a story without any words.

Vince
On 1/13/20, 8:17 PM

Hi Fabio

I stick with my Hilti PD-E. It turns on in less than a second.

Also has a built in optical viewfinder, what makes it very easy in measuring in bright sunlight.

https://www.hilti.com/c/CLS_MEA_TOOL_INSERT_7127/CLS_LASER_METERS_7127/r587776

Hilti provided "life-time" service, whenever your unit brakes down, they will try and repair it and if not possible, give you a brand new one for a small fee!

All the best

Your Reply

Salomon Saade
On 1/13/20, 8:22 PM

I have also been using my Hilti PD-E for 5 years and it’s great! Very fast and accurate as well as alll the functions of the Leica Disto, but instead of the camera it has an optical viewfinder, which works great in the daylight

Your Reply

Clovis Ghiorzi
On 1/13/20, 10:58 PM

I have two.

The old Hilti PD40 which I love because works very well in externals shots and it is very fast to power on and to read and I also have the Leica Disto D2 which is amazing because is tinny, fast and the batteries last forever. 

With theese two I did a lot of nice things and It help me a lot.

Your Reply

Philipp Uhl
On 1/16/20, 4:35 PM

I have the Leica X4, and I really like that it has a built-in "pointfinder"-camera for situations when you can't see the laser dot because its too bright outside or the distance to the subject is too big. Also, it's water- and dust-resistant (IP65!) and you get all the accuracy and quality you'd expect from Leica.

https://shop.leica-geosystems.com/buy/package/x4#product-tabs

I also have the Leica D2 for interiors/as a backup, but I rarely use it anymore because I got used to the X4 so much.

Your Reply

Carlos Cañal

--Carlos Cañal--
--Carlos Cañal--

My name is Carlos Cañal and I am a Spanish focus puller working in the camera department since I am 19 years old.  I do mainly national and international features films and commercials.  I love to travel, get to know other people, cultures and of course colleagues from around the world.

I am a very happy owner of a cPRO LCS too !!

🎥😊

Carlos Cañal
On 1/15/20, 11:03 AM

Hi everyone.

I have my old Disto D5 and works great, it is true that is slow when is turning on...  But it never really let me down.  For interiors I have, as Fabio mentioned, the little Bosch Zamo. It is fast, accurate and very cheap.

If in the future If I have to get a new one I would probably go for the PD-E but there is a half price option that many people in Spain are happy with: the Bosch GLM 120C.  Check it out!!

Cheers!

Your Reply

Guille Gil
On 1/14/20, 9:34 PM

Hello,
I have the Hilti PD-E and I think it's a great tool, robust, accurate and it have saved me many many many times before or during a take!
I even used it last week as a laser pointer on a dolly shot ;)

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is all about accessories. What`s in your toolbag, what cool stuff are you using on your job, how do you configure your hand unit, etc. Please share it with the community to make eveyrones live easier. Read Guidelines

Question tools

19 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/13/20, 12:26 PM
Seen: 121 times
Last updated: 1/16/20, 4:35 PM