Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Vince

--Vince--
--Vince--

A focus-puller is the eyes of the audience. It's like telling a story without any words.

Vince
On 3/13/20, 7:35 PM

Hi Clovis

If you go into the measuring menu you press the following combination: 

left, left, right, left 

this should give you the option to choose between metric and imperial.

good luck!

Your Reply

Clovis Ghiorzi
On 3/25/20, 1:42 PM

Hey Guys, I have the solution. Vince gives us the right trick in the wrong place. Follow the images below.

A) Gear page

B) Info Page

C) On this page, you will put the trick.

left, left, right, left 

D) The symbol must be like this one.

That's it, guys. Good look.

Your Reply

Patrik Rams
On 3/25/20, 6:19 PM

Amazing! So many years I was searching everywhere for this. Thanks Clovis!

Your Reply

LEE LEO
On 3/21/20, 2:47 AM

It remind my first time buy PD-42,i told the manager how can I change to imperial, after tried a while, he changed another one, so some Hilti need to be update in china, thats I know, but for PD-E, seems not exact this problem

Your Reply

Patrik Rams
On 3/21/20, 2:45 PM

It’s pure stupidity from Hilti. You would expect this basic function in a device that cost around 400 USD. I was considering to switch to Leica Disto, but I don’t like that electronic scope thing. I like the optical one. But since I’m using premarked rings, feet lenses are not an issue for me anymore. Let me knows what Hilti in Brazil will tell you. 

Your Reply

Chris Steel
On 3/18/20, 1:50 PM

Just checked on my Hilti. Settings menu (Gears) -> Units menu (Ruler) -> Scroll across to desired unit and increment. I have mine set to Ft 1/8

Not sure if that's something that has to be unlocked?

Your Reply

Clovis Ghiorzi
On 3/18/20, 3:01 PM

I have just meters on this menu. 

Your Reply

Patrik Rams
On 3/21/20, 2:53 PM

Here is the video i took. The one on top is mine from EU market. 

Only logged in users can see this content

Your Reply

Patrik Rams
On 3/19/20, 12:09 PM

Hey Clovis,

I wonder about the same thing for a few years now. I have also PD-E, but I’m not able to change ot from meters to feet. My friend (also 1st AC) have the exact same piece with exact same model number and everything. And he is able to switch between meters and feet. So I’m assuming it depends where did you buy your PD-E. It appears to me that when you get it from US market, you can switch units, but if you get it from EU market, than it’s not possible. I alsou wrote directly to Hilti support in Czech rep. and they told me that is not possible to change units to imperial. 

Your Reply

Chris Steel
On 3/19/20, 3:14 PM

This Makes a lot of sense. Still silly why it's not a standard option? And I can't find any mention of imperial measures in any manual I've found 

Your Reply

Clovis Ghiorzi
On 3/19/20, 12:30 PM

I sent an email to Hilti in Brazil but they haven't answered me yet.

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is all about accessories. What`s in your toolbag, what cool stuff are you using on your job, how do you configure your hand unit, etc. Please share it with the community to make eveyrones live easier. Read Guidelines

Question tools

20 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/13/20, 1:49 PM
Seen: 173 times
Last updated: 3/25/20, 1:42 PM