Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
Washington, DC, United States
--Aidan Gray--

IATSE Local 600 Camera Assistant | Washington, DC - Baltimore, MD - New York, NY

Cmotion cPro System Owner 1x cPro Motor, 2x cForce Mini Motors, Teradek Bolt 1000XT 1:1, Teradek SidekickLT, SmallHD 703Bolt, SmallHD 703U, SmallHD 1703-P3X, Bright Tangerine 19mm Bridgeplate, BT Revolvr 19/15mm Studio FF, SolidCamera Scatterbox2 Goldmount/VMount Power Distro, IgniteDigi MoVi Pro System

Aidan Gray
On 4/6/19, 2:01 PM

Personally, I use an Avenger Rolling Stand (like the top one) with a Manfrotto 10lbs counterweight attached to one of the feet - I only really ever use that setup with 7-13" monitors, and will pick up a Matthews Monitor Stand for larger 17" monitors (like SmallHD's). Its pretty standard over here on larger shows to run 17" monitors off of VCLX or block batteries, and I just don't feel comfortable hanging a block off oa smaller stand - for those, we'll grab Matthew's monitor stands (they're like $480 though so we'll usually just rent)... To hang the blocks, I use CGE Tools SetStraps which are AWESOME and I 100% recommend! 

Rozemarijn
On 4/20/19, 10:21 AM

yesterday i bought my first stand, since i was Always borrowing from the sparks and this time....well.....

Fabio inspired me with his first photo, and i also bought a small c-stand.  Shooting a lot in small houses and small rooms, its nice to hide yourself in a corner.

so. 2 stands for 2 situations.

John Waterman
On 4/18/19, 9:34 PM

In Chicago we use almost exclusively the American 24" C-stand 2-riser non-spring load with standard width base. This stand is very flexible and can fit in many tight spots, goes low enough for pulling from a seated position, but can also go high enough for standing height. The non-spring load legs fold in/out with the flick of a wrist, and with the rocky-mountain leg, can be placed on un-even terrain. We are mostly using this with 7"-13" monitors.

https://americangrip.com/product/24-century-stand-2-rise-non-spring-load-nsl/

Vince

--Vince--
--Vince--

A focus-puller is the eyes of the audience. It's like telling a story without any words.

Vince
On 4/19/19, 5:36 AM

I use a Avenger Baby Stand 30 and and have the additional wheels when needed. Love it because of the very small footprint and adjustable 3rd leg!

Sebastian Kuusiholma
On 4/20/19, 11:23 AM

I got inspired by Carlos too, 

I was looking in buying a stand a couple of weeks ago and then I saw this post on the forum.

I decided to buy a 20" kupo master c-stand and the kupo rollers, I'm fully aware that that specific brand tends make heavier stands than other manufacturers, but I love how heavy duty it feels overall. 

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is all about accessories. What`s in your toolbag, what cool stuff are you using on your job, how do you configure your hand unit, etc. Please share it with the community to make eveyrones live easier. Read Guidelines

Question tools

10 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/2/19, 10:24 AM
Seen: 603 times
Last updated: 4/26/19, 12:47 PM