Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Micha Kaiser
On 6/1/19, 10:29 AM

Will test it in the next projekt in June and will give Updates!

thanks you guys for so many informations!

Your Reply

Carlos Cañal

--Carlos Cañal--
--Carlos Cañal--

My name is Carlos Cañal and I am a Spanish focus puller working in the camera department since I am 19 years old.  I do mainly national and international features films and commercials.  I love to travel, get to know other people, cultures and of course colleagues from around the world.

I am a very happy owner of a cPRO LCS too !!

🎥😊

Carlos Cañal
On 5/31/19, 9:21 AM

My partner Fabio Giolitti just got one and It is arriving today!  He will give us feedback very soon, looking forward to see how they work together and ways to implement the interaction between both systems. 

Your Reply

Philipp Uhl
On 6/1/19, 6:16 AM

Nice, I’m looking forward to hear what you guys thinks about it!

Your Reply

David Oliver Gaiser
On 5/31/19, 6:47 PM

Hey Philipp,

I recently used the combination cPro and CineRT and it worked pretty good. 

CineRT is using the Cinetape/UDM protocols, so you will have the same functions ( Focus tracking, Read-out etc.) What didn't work was having a readout on the Monitor. You know, there is the possibility for LDS and UDM Readout via Monitoring on the Alexa Mini and Amira. That didn't work, but maybe it is just an update...  

You need the l-cube for having an read-out and focus tracking on your hand unit. 

About Focus Tracking: the combination RF-Motor and CineRT is really good better than RF and Cinetape, but not yet perfect. And the reason is that the l-cube is slowing everything down. Maybe with an update of the l-cube this could be solved.

Regarding functionality, reliability, accuracy, fun: It's really good and I think it is the logical next step in the evolution of the Cinetape, but unfortunately they just overslept it. I think they announced or you can already buy the new Cinetape2 , but I never really saw it or know somebody you tried it.

best David 

Your Reply

Philipp Uhl
On 6/1/19, 6:15 AM

Thanks for your reply!

So all that sounds really good, except for the thing with the Lcube slowing things down... Does this also affect the readout that you get on the hand unit? Is this noticeably delayed?

Your Reply

David Oliver Gaiser
On 6/1/19, 8:46 AM

Hey,

sorry i just noticed that my comment on the L-cube, wasn’t that accurate. sorry about that.

the l-cube and the cineRT works just fine and you won’t have any trouble or delays when you’re using it. As I mentioned before same protocols:)

what i meant is:

I was playing around with the focus tracking and I thought that the tracking  is really good - better than cinetape - but not always on the top.

After some research, we found out that the l-cube transmits with 12 FPS (or something around that) but to have a real-time autofocus (and not only tracking), the number should be higher:) that’s why it is called focus tracking on the WCU-4 and not autofocus:) but I heard rumors that there will be an update for the l-cube soon:)

So to make a long story short, in your daily work, you will never really see/feel that issue. The cineRT is for me the best system currently in the market which is using ultrasonic. 

Except you are going to hit the road of l-cube and dive deep into the mysteries of the l-cube..... oh man.... 

Your Reply

Franz Alexander Borde
On 10/17/19, 6:59 PM

I have tested the cineRT on a alexa mini connected via Lcube and a wcu4.

I made a short clip, where you can see there is a small delay on the wcu4 numbers, compared to the cineRT handunit. (If you pause and move the playback slider you can clearly see it)

I don't think that it has any real impact, because its hard to read a number on the display and match the number on the scale quickly enough. I mostly use the green arrow when doing following shots

But it would be interesting to see if a firmware update to the L cube could optimise speed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pNJV2BJiqPf27IXPOPeBCE9clTTw5-xk/view?usp=sharing

Your Reply

Philipp Uhl
On 10/18/19, 7:30 PM

Thanks for the reply!

Focusbug sent me a demo unit this summer, so I had some time to test the CineRT for myself already, and I didn't encounter a lag that was really severe. If there was some, then it was short enough to be no problem. However, I didn't make a video comparison like yours, and I didn't use the wcu4 but the cPro.

Your Reply

Keep Informed

About This Community

This thread is all about accessories. What`s in your toolbag, what cool stuff are you using on your job, how do you configure your hand unit, etc. Please share it with the community to make eveyrones live easier. Read Guidelines

Question tools

14 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/31/19, 7:53 AM
Seen: 679 times
Last updated: 10/23/19, 12:19 PM