Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
Washington, DC, United States
--Aidan Gray--

IATSE Local 600 Camera Assistant | Washington, DC - Baltimore, MD - New York, NY

Cmotion cPro System Owner | 1x cPro FIZ Hand Unit, 1x cPro ONE Hand Unit, 1x cPro Camin1x cPro Motor, 2x cForce Mini Motors

Cmotion SteadyZoom

Cmotion CineFade

OTHER | Technovision MK3 Mitchell Geared Head, Magliner Junior Camera Cart, Yaeger Pro Senior Camera Cart, Teradek Bolt 1000XT 1:1, Teradek SidekickLT, SmallHD 703Bolt, SmallHD 703U, SmallHD 1703-P3X, CAS Advanced Spider Grips, Bright Tangerine 19mm Bridgeplate, BT Revolvr 19/15mm Studio FF, SolidCamera Scatterbox2 Goldmount/VMount Power Distro, IgniteDigi MoVi Pro System

Aidan Gray
On 4/15/19, 6:24 PM

I find myself using these quite often - they're just simple 15 & 19mm rod clips, useful for routing cables over rods (FIZ, VF cables, etc). These don't pinch the cables to the rods so they're not considered strain relief, simply ways to keep everything tidy. 

Download:
Only logged in users can see this content

Your Reply

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
--Aidan Gray--

IATSE Local 600 Camera Assistant | Washington, DC - Baltimore, MD - New York, NY

Cmotion cPro System Owner | 1x cPro FIZ Hand Unit, 1x cPro ONE Hand Unit, 1x cPro Camin1x cPro Motor, 2x cForce Mini Motors

Cmotion SteadyZoom

Cmotion CineFade

OTHER | Technovision MK3 Mitchell Geared Head, Magliner Junior Camera Cart, Yaeger Pro Senior Camera Cart, Teradek Bolt 1000XT 1:1, Teradek SidekickLT, SmallHD 703Bolt, SmallHD 703U, SmallHD 1703-P3X, CAS Advanced Spider Grips, Bright Tangerine 19mm Bridgeplate, BT Revolvr 19/15mm Studio FF, SolidCamera Scatterbox2 Goldmount/VMount Power Distro, IgniteDigi MoVi Pro System

Aidan Gray
On 4/15/19, 6:21 PM

Two other very useful designs are the right-angle and "U" macaroni, designed for use with LBUS and CAM cables. The U will allow the cable to make a 180 degree turn on the smallest radius possible, and with built in strain relief, it stops any jerks from tugging on the connection internally. The newest versions have integrated 1/4-20 through holes for bolting them to camera rigs. Cable management has been one of my biggest peeves recently (with more and more cables being added to the camera) so I'm sure there will be several more version of something like this to come... There is a "tight", "wide" and "superwide" which describe the internal diameter of the curve - the wider it is, the easier it is on the cables but the more space it takes up. 
Download:

Your Reply

Colby Todisco
On 2/12/20, 8:27 PM

This HAS to be my new favorite thread on the internet. Aidan, you're the best.

Your Reply

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
--Aidan Gray--

Cmotion SteadyZoom

Cmotion CineFade

Aidan Gray
On 4/15/19, 6:22 PM

My second most useful 3D printed design - this is a 4-place battery holder for Sony NP-FM500H batteries, which are used in the cmotion cPro as well as the ARRI SXU/WCU systems. This is an awesome way of managing your batteries and keeping them organised in a run bag - I will also just flip them around and put them back in when I need to charge them, which helps save tape! 

Download:

Your Reply

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
--Aidan Gray--

Cmotion SteadyZoom

Cmotion CineFade

Aidan Gray
On 4/8/19, 5:31 AM

Not my design, but this is a nice 100mm bowl hi-hat that I found online... Good for installing on a bench or similar if you need a place to work on a head or camera rig - if you printed with high infill or in nylon, I would trust it with some serious weight as its all going in the Z axis with is where FDM is pretty strong... https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2938764

Your Reply

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
--Aidan Gray--

Cmotion SteadyZoom

Cmotion CineFade

Aidan Gray
On 4/15/19, 6:25 PM

Good for the camera truck or if you work at a rental house, but here is a holder for Kimtech small lens wipes - allows you to mount the box upside down if you want to add it to a workbench! 

Download:

Your Reply

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
--Aidan Gray--

Cmotion SteadyZoom

Cmotion CineFade

Aidan Gray
On 4/15/19, 6:27 PM

Standard 15->19mm bushing, as you would find in a Preston motor bracket - I use these in an emergency if I need to, but also useful for putting Wooden Camera A-Boxes onto 15mm rods. 

Download:

Your Reply

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
--Aidan Gray--

Cmotion SteadyZoom

Cmotion CineFade

Aidan Gray
On 4/15/19, 6:33 PM

Not a good photo, but basically these are clips designed to go around standard 5.6mm diameter BNC runs. We made these for Season 6 of House of Cards to label the inputs, outputs, and cable lengths of all the BNC runs on that show (no wireless, so we had a lot of cable). They come in "A", "B", "25", "50", "75", "100", "IN", and "OUT" - if they don't fit around your cables, you can scale them up and down in the slicer - I also recommend printing in both blue and red PLA to further distinguish between camera runs. 

Download:

Your Reply

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
--Aidan Gray--

Cmotion SteadyZoom

Cmotion CineFade

Aidan Gray
On 4/8/19, 5:25 AM

I wanted to kick this off with a Shapeways link to a camera assistant in the US who 3D prints the classic Preston cradles, air can stoppers, and Robocup accessory brackets. The Preston Cradles are good for if you want to put you HU2/HU3 and not bump any of the knobs or sliders. The air can stopper is a GREAT gift for any 2nd AC, as it clips onto most Dust-Off Chrome Nozzles and stops it from spraying randomly on your belt or in your bag. The rRobocup accessory brackets clip onto your robocup and there are two options - one holds pens and markers, and the other holds Sony NP-F batteries. 

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/miles-of-3d-printing?li=pb

Your Reply

Matt
On 8/30/19, 4:16 AM

I just got the pen holder from him and it's the best! I've already had it on a few shoots and it's made quite a difference already. I'll try to get a pic of how I've been using it soon. 

Your Reply

Nathan Lederman
On 8/21/19, 7:42 PM

Found this kimwipes and AKS organizer online.

Didn't have the time to print it yet but looking forward to add it on my cart.

Your Reply

Eoin mcguigan
On 8/31/19, 2:42 PM

Nathan!  Care to share a link?

Your Reply

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
--Aidan Gray--

Cmotion SteadyZoom

Cmotion CineFade

Aidan Gray
On 8/31/19, 2:44 PM

Hey Eoin - link to this project can be found here! 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3798576

Your Reply

Eoin mcguigan
On 8/31/19, 2:48 PM

Thanks!

Your Reply

Douglas Birch
On 12/10/19, 11:26 PM

Here is a 3/8-16 Cable tie I made. Similar to the ones by Panavision except for slightly larger cable clip area and has space for a 3/8- 16 screw. I printed these both with ABS and Petg and they seem to be holding out fine so far.

Thingiverse link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4037767