Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Rozemarijn

--Rozemarijn--
| 3 3 6
Zandvoort, Netherlands
--Rozemarijn--

1st AC for over 10 years

Mainly Features and Drama

Rozemarijn
On 4/13/20, 11:38 AM

Hey Nico,

i gave my 2nd AC a chestpack which i bought at the BSC Show in London. it was from Samas made in Italy.

https://www.samascases.it/products/tool-chest-radio/

Your Reply

Chris Steel
On 4/13/20, 12:35 PM

That rig looks fancy. I like it

Your Reply

Aidan Gray

--Aidan Gray--
| 5 3 6
Washington, DC, United States
--Aidan Gray--

IATSE Local 600 Camera Assistant | Washington, DC - Baltimore, MD - New York, NY

Cmotion cPro System Owner | 1x cPro FIZ Hand Unit, 1x cPro ONE Hand Unit, 1x cPro Camin1x cPro Motor, 2x cForce Mini Motors

Cmotion SteadyZoom

Cmotion CineFade

OTHER | Technovision MK3 Mitchell Geared Head, Magliner Junior Camera Cart, Yaeger Pro Senior Camera Cart, Teradek Bolt 1000XT 1:1, Teradek SidekickLT, SmallHD 703Bolt, SmallHD 703U, SmallHD 1703-P3X, CAS Advanced Spider Grips, Bright Tangerine 19mm Bridgeplate, BT Revolvr 19/15mm Studio FF, SolidCamera Scatterbox2 Goldmount/VMount Power Distro, IgniteDigi MoVi Pro System

Aidan Gray
On 4/13/20, 9:28 AM

I switched to the Conterra chest pouch last year for all the reasons Matt said after my Arri hip pouch gave out on me (after about only a year, but that’s another story)... There was certainly an adjustment period - like you said, the nice thing about a hip pouch is you can pull something out, use it, and put it back and then close the pouch. This was a very efficient way for me to work... However, with the Conterra, I found myself dumping the entire contents of the pouch out atleast twice a day for the first week of having it, just because I was in a rush and not thinking about full closing the pouch 🤦🏻‍♂️ There was a lot of swearing and facepalm-ing but now I’ve grown to really love mine. 

The one important chest-harness piece of information that a lot of people leave out is that assuming youre using a Motorola walkie operating in the UHF Band-1 @ 4-watts of RF output, you need the antenna to be >13” from your body to be within FCC guidelines for unrestricted RF exposure, or >6” in the low-power 1w mode. Within that distance range, and they have time limits posted for safe exposure guidelines. For this reason, I bring my own CP200 antenna and try to do my best to keep my walkie on a separate belt pouch away from my chest/head. 

Your Reply

Chris Steel
On 4/14/20, 3:51 PM

I used an arri hip pouch for a long time. To the point of destruction, repaired, torn again, repaired again. served me well but it was annoying having my belt digging in all day, especially if i needed a lot of stuff. I made a few mods to it, added more velcro for holding my filter labs. After switching to a chest rig it was my tool bag for a long time.