10 things you have learned on set
By Clemens Hönig
on 11/12/18, 12:13 PM • 641 views
write down 10 things you have learned on set.
On 5/7/19, 5:33 PM
1. Don’t stand in doorways
2. Be flexible and positive
3. Don’t be afraid to pump the brakes if you need another take because it will cost more to come back to it
4. Make friends with Transpo, Catering, Accounting
5. Keep people from leaning on lens cases
6. Take the time you need to set up for success
7. You can be friendly with actors but they are not your friends
8. Production has the money and it is our job to get it.
9. 15 min early is on time
10. Don’t look at your phone on set.
On 2/5/19, 9:16 PM
1. be like a cameleon: blend in but shine in the moment you're needed
2. keep your DP happy (bring him/her a coffee or beer) :)
3. be flexible and ready to adapt in any situation
4. stay calm and cool in the heat of the moment
5. be creative and inventive
6. be friends with the grips: helps you save your back :)
7. try to brush off a "out-of-focus" shot as soon as possible: move on and nail the next one!
8. read the script and try to create a unique way in storytelling with focus
9. show up on time, maybe even a little earlier: nothing worse than people waiting for you
10. stay positive: some sets are a real mind-twister, try to turn negative energy into positive